Terms and Conditions
- Fees are due before the beginning of term.
- If you wish to withdraw your child from class half a term’s notice in writing is required, if no notice is given you will be invoiced for a half a term’s worth of fees.
- Children are entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal.
- Children are required to wear the regulation uniform.
- Girls are required to have their hair in a ballet bun or a headband for short hair.
- A pupil may be temporarily or permanently excluded at the discretion of the Principal.
- By accepting enrolment in the school, parents acknowledge and accept that ballet instruction often involves physical placement by the teacher (all Swiss Cottage Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance staff have had a DBS check).
- We cannot refund any classes cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
- Parents must inform us immediately of any change of address or telephone number.
- By enrolling in the school parents give their permission for their name and email address to be added to the mailing list of Swiss Cottage Dance – you can opt out at any time.
- Unless informed otherwise Swiss Cottage Dance/ Kempston Rural Dance reserve the right to use your child’s visual image for marketing purposes e.g. flyers/ website.
All electronic copies of children’s and staff records are kept on a password protected Laptop . Members of staff can have access to these details but information taken from the files about individual children is confidential and apart from archiving, these records remain on Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance password protected Laptop at all times. These records are deleted after a 3year retention period.
Information about individual children is used in certain documents, such as, a weekly register, medication forms, referrals to external agencies and disclosure forms. These documents include data such as children’s names, date of birth and sometimes address. These records are deleted after the relevant retention period.
Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance collects a large amount of personal data every year including; names and addresses of those on the trial list. These records are deleted if the child does not attend or added to the child’s file and stored appropriately.
Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance stores personal data held visually in photographs or video clips or as sound recordings, unless written consent has been obtained via the Registration Form. No full names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance’s social media sites.
GDPR means that Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance must; * Manage and process personal data properly * Protect the individual’s rights to privacy * Provide an individual with access to all personal information held on them
- By enrolling into the school and agreeing to examinations, you give us permission to send your child’s Date of Birth and Full name to ISTD be entered for exams.
- We will not put any of the students’ full names or dates of births on our websites or social media.
- Our website will collect and process the necessary information when you fill in a trial or enrolment form.
- We will keep your Child’s full name, Date of Birth; a Parent’s full name, address, telephone number and email address on our bookings systems – these will never be passed on to third parties without prior permission.
- Our staff have access to names and emergency contact details as well as dates of births of the students – these will only be used in the necessary capacity.
- We will use your phone number and/or email address for communication between staff and parents/guardians.
- Once you have left the school we will delete your details from the system no more than three years later.
- While classes are running we will keep a contact number for parents on site in a secure box during classes – this is so we can contact you in case of emergencies. This is then kept in a locked cupboard for which only Swiss Cottage School of Dance/ Kempston Rural School of Dance have the key.
- All teaching staff have signed a Data Processing agreement.
- We use MailChimp for our mailing list, we will provide MailChimp with the parent’s full name and email address in order to be added to the mailing list- you can opt out of this at any time.
GDPR – Your Rights
– You have the right to be informed, we will tell you if we are collecting new data and what we intend to use it for.
– You have the right of access, you can ask to see what data we have for you at any time
– The right to rectification, you can change your data at any time
– The right to erasure, you can have your data deleted at any time
– The right to restrict processing, we may keep your details once you leave but we will not use them for marketing if you do not wish it
– The right to portability, you may request your data should you move to a different school
– The right to object, we need your information on file for invoicing, exam entry etc but you may opt out of any newsletters/marketing info at any time
– We only ever use the data you have given us via email, telephone or conversation. We will always be transparent with why we are requesting such data and you can always ask if you have any queries.
– We will only request and use data that is relevant to what is necessary.
– We monitor and limit all access to data for our teaching staff, only those who need to know will see any data stored.